Ayurvedic weight loss diet is very beneficial; it will assist you to get rid of the extra pounds. Like yoga, the Ayurvedic weight loss diet ensures one is fit physically, mentally and emotionally. The Ayurvedic philosophy has its ancient in the Eastern Medicine and has been tested and proven to be the best. It does not only strengthen and improve digestion but also contributes to one’s well-being. The Ayurveda diet strictly follows the nature cycles-the four seasons of the year and the 24 hours cycle which make a day. Before you start this diet it’s advisable to eat foods which are in season and at the appropriate time.
In accordance to Ayurvedic weight loss diet, the foods eaten must be in season. One is supposed to take a heavy meal during midday and a light meal in the evening. Why all this? Each person has a dosha (the biological energy which is used maintain one’s mental and physical state).
Types of Dosha:
- l Vata- associated with wind and air
- l Pitta- associated with water and fire
- l Kapha-associated with water and earth
The physical condition of an individual is attributed by his/her dosha. For instance, the persons who are flighty and thin have Vata, the ones with an oily skin have pitta while the ones with Kapha are big-bodied and grounded. Ayurvedic weight loss diet should incorporate all tastes in every meal – the sour, sweet, bitter, pungent, salty and astringent tastes.
Excessive weight is pesky and thus the need for weight loss. Kapha dosha is associated with weigh loss. If you are aiming at shedding off the extra weight you have accumulated, start the Kapha diet today. The Kapha dosha has water and earth which if they dominate they result in weight gain. Ayurvedic philosophy fosters for adding fire as a tip for weight loss. How can one add fire? You simply need to sip warm water all through the day. This improves digestion and food metabolism.
The Actual Ayurvedic Weight Loss Diet:
- l Breakfast (between 5 am and 6 am) – drink a glass of warm water with honey and lemon juice or ginger tea on an empty stomach. This cleanses and jam starts the digestive system. In addition, the body tissues and cells are hydrated and thus improvement of the general peristalsis of the digestive system. After you have taken warm water, fruit stew should follow. The fruit stew may comprise of the apples, berries or the pears.
- l Lunch (between 11 am and 2 pm) –One should take the largest meal at this time. You should not worry we recommend a large meal yet our ultimate goal is to lose weight. Like a vehicles, our bodies won’t function optimally if we deprive them ‘fuel’. The meal should have vegetables (those with less starch), rye –toast, proteins and whole grains.
- l Dinner (not later than 7pm) – Dinner should be as light as possible.
- As part of the Kapha diet, snacks should be avoided in between the meals. Processed food stuffs are also avoided. The Ayurvedic Weight Loss Diet above if implemented will help you cut off weight.